Let’s look at my current list of projects:
- Work: Active (days, some nights & weekends)
- Band #1: Active (rehearsal, performance)
- Band #2: Active (rehearsal)
- House-hunting: Active
- Special issue: Active
- Secret project #1: Inactive
- Secret project #2: Active
Of those projects, only one has a hard stop date — the special issue, which is due July 1. That doesn’t leave any time for, you know, playing Xbox 360 (which I do not do at work). Or just playing guitar for fun. Or sleep. Even WoW, I’m lucky if I get two hours a week — so much for calling it an addiction.
As a friend likes to remind me, my work/life balance sucks.