Insanely busy lately. Like, working during the day, coming home and working at night, and then because there is no other option, working most or all of the weekend too. Lots of little things have happened that I wanted to blog about but didn’t have the time.
- Devon started throwing up and smelling horrible this week so we took him to the vet for the first time. Still not sure what it is, but he’s on meds, and a drink of barium showed that he didn’t eat something that blocked his system — we really assumed he’d swallowed a bread twister or a marble or something like that. He’s not even two years old yet, but he’s got a great personality, he loves being around us as much as we love being around him, and we’re not taking any risks.
- Southwest is a better airline than I remembered it being. Shit left on time. Shit took off on time. Occasionally someone cracked a joke. It was a lot better than my last five trips on United — combined.
- I got something cool in the mail that requires photographic evidence. Watch this space.
- Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection for Wii makes me very happy.
- GTA IV is great. I just haven’t had time to play it.
- I cursed a lot on the first episode of GamesRadar’s podcast, if you’d like to hear it.
- This week I was in Chicago and Marin. Next week I’m in Vegas. After that I think I’d like to go to sleep.
- We’re starting a second band, The Radio Waves. It’s Fast Times but not just 80s. The people are the same, the energy is the same, but now there’s a shitload of disco and funk and whatnot. Basically, a party band, and the answer to the question we get all the time at Fast Times shows: “Don’t you do anything other than 80s?” I am excited, sorta. I am seriously considering investing in a stage teleprompter, because this doubles the amount of songs I have to remember the words to, and I am notoriously bad at that.